Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hello everyone! Today is Friday, July 10th and it is 12:50 AM. Today started out by all of us checking out of our hotels at 9:30 AM and loading our bags onto a truck for transport to our new accomodation center..Kibbutz Shefayim. This is avery large area and while it certainly is not what we became accustomed to at Kfar Maccabiah, but actually it is not so bad. The rooms are a little bit smaller, but still pretty nice. It is an area that can be monitored easily and controlled for our kids safety.

Once we arrived, all our bags were thrown on the ground in a very large pile with people from the hotel just watching them and waiting for them to be moved by the arriving guests...us! Seeing as though I am not a very laid back guy, like my son Sean is, I told them all what I thought in no uncertain terms. I do not think they liked it at all and just turned away from me. Some of our bags were broken at the handles and I really did not handle that well at all. But in the end it was all taken care of!

Today at 9 AM we will go to Wingate (where we will play all our games) for a training session. This must be a really good one, as it looks like we can not train on Saturday (due to the Sabbath,) but we are all trying hard to have a session as we need another day to prepare for Canada on Sunday.

We had a big meeting earlier about our schedules and bus transportation. I must tell you, the Israelis are not very organized and I guess we will have to play it by ear as to when we will board the bust to go to training and games. I would organize them in 5 minutes and have everything running smoother than silk. But, I believe they like it this way. It is very hard for me to understand and be patient with this type of organized disorganization! I will try and I am sure Sean will try to keep me in line!

So, not much to write about until after our training session is over later this morning. I hope to be able to report a great training session tgook place!

Take care, stay well and have a good night. Oh, for those who do not know who my "Gang of Five" is, it is Satch, Cassie, Max, Kol and Kippi, our Golden Retrievers.

Best regards to all our readers,
Preston and Sean from Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment