Saturday, July 11, 2009

I thought I would share with everyone what a good friend of mine wrote to me via an email and I hope he does not mind me sharing this with everyone, but it meant so much to me and touched my heart. He is one of my dearest friends and I wanted to shre something that was meaningful to him as well as me. Again, I hope he does not mind! Armin, this meant so very much to me what your thoughts were and how it touched you and me as well, as I said above.

Preston

"Preston, thank you very much for your „tourbook“ of Israel. It was very interesting for me, how you described every day from the beginning at the airport until your final trip to the Druze Village. It was almost like I was there bymyself.Whenever you will finish your coaching career (hopefully not to soon…), you should start writing guide books about your travelling. Preston – I’m not Jewish (as you know, I don’t belong to any church), I am German. It was deeply impressing to read your thoughts about freedom and how hard it is to fight for it. You know, my generation was born in an very peaceful and comfortable environment and we don’t know how it is, to live like that and I am very grateful for this. As you said, it is always the Heart that should lead you. In countries like Israel every single day can be the last in peace and we all can not imagine how that is. Our people in former East Germany fought peaceful to tear down the wall after 40 years of communism and they won their fight. Hopefully the people of Israel and their neighbours will find a way, to live in peace as well. So, thank you very much again and I hope for you, Sean and the team, that they will win a medal at the Maccabiah Games. That leads me to my greatest experience I’ve ever had in my soccer career (incl. Bundesliga and games for the German Under 21). I took part in the German Soccer Team of the University Games 1993 in Buffalo and that was really not to top. You and 7.000 other athletes live and compete at one time and you make so many experiences, new friendships and you will capture emotions for the rest of your life. Good luck at the games (we won the Bronce medal at that time, please do it better!) ! By the way: Who is the “Gang of Five”?" Give my love to Sean and Aly, Armin
mit freundlichen Grüßen Armin Kraaz Eintracht Frankfurt e.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment